Echelon is a Gnome panel applet which monitors a user supplied list of game servers.
Echelon is written in Python and uses GTK and thereby requires a recent version of gnome-python-extras.
We aim to keep Echelon fairly simple and uncluttered. Feature requests are welcome on the mailing list but please bear in mind that if you're looking for an all-in-one server browser XQF may be your best bet.
Echelon has nothing to do with ... that other Echelon.
- View server stats including your current ping, number of players currently playing, maximum number of players, which friends (if any) are online, and server name.
- Add favorite servers simply by picking a game type from a list and entering the host.
- Monitor servers and get notified when a friend joins.
- Applet icon changes color according to state. Blue means that there are players present on your monitored servers, and green means that a friend has join a monitored server.
- Applet tooltip displays server type, name, and the current number of players online so that there may be no need to open the server window.
- Server list tooltip displays a list of each player currently online along with their current ping and score.
- Favorite servers and friends are saved as simple XML data to be persistant between sessions.
- Ability to match friends name either exactly or by only supplying a substring of their name.