Dvorak Rapid Control is a keyboard layout designed specifically for programmers. The layout was heavily tested on C++, Python and Java code.
Dvorak Rapid Control's primary goal of the layout design is to minimize unnecessary moves of hand around keyboard.
Here are some key features of "Dvorak Rapid Control":
- most important special keys are directly accesible after pressing AltGr (Escape, Home, End, Insert, Delete, PageUp, PageDown)
- symbols frequently used in programming are now conveniently placed
- makes heavy use of AltGr which has been remapped to Caps-Lock position
- control keys, backspace remapped for easier acces
- some keys reserved for national characters
- under selected setups right Alt acts as AltGr+Shift
- right shift is now placed very conveniently
- alfanumerics have been left intact for compatibility
- "H T N S" (qwerty's "J K L ;"key operate as arrows when AltGr pressed (Vim-like)