DocSearcher uses the open source Lucene and POI Apache APIs as well as the open source PDF Box API to provide searching capabilities for HTML Document HTML, MS Word Document MS Word, MS Excel Document MS Excel, RTF Document RTF, PDF Document PDF, Open Office Document Open Office (and Star Office) Documents, and Text Document text documents. Other file formats are currently not supported.
DocSearcher runs on all systems with Java support.
To run you must unzip and execute the DocSearch.jar file.
This can be accomplished by simply double clicking it - on most systems with the Java 2 runtime (versions 1.5.0 or higher) - or from a command line like this:
java -jar DocSearch.jar
- move DocSearcher to Java 6
- fix problem with ignored files if you searched with filetype choise
- fix upper case file type problem since version 3.92.0
- fix some problems in website spider
- preparing to Java Webstart