Disk Search 1.1.0
DiskSearch is a tool for searching for files on removable media disks (e.g. for songs on your MP3-CD's).
For advanced queries there is a regular expression search mode. The search is based on a simple database file which needs to be filled once by adding all your disks to it.
Since version 0.9.0 the projects has been renamed from 'CDSearch' to 'DiskSearch' because it's possible to archive many types of removable media now.
Starting with version 1.0.0 DiskSearch supports internationalization, currently the languages english (default) and german are included. Interested users could create and send us other translations too.
· Python >= 2.3
· GTK+ >= 2.4.0
· PyGTK >= 2.4.0
To install DiskSearch extract the archive to some temporary directory and run 'make install' as root. This will install DiskSearch to '/usr/local'. You can also simply uninstall DiskSearch by calling 'make uninstall'.
To start DiskSearch after installation just enter the 'disksearch' command.
The name of the Python interpreter executable can differ on some systems. If you have problems to start DiskSearch you probably need to edit the Python reference in the file 'disksearch'.
What's New in This Release:
· SS: the date when the disks were added is stored and displayed in the main list
· SS: the file size is stored for all files of new added disks (so it's e.g. possible to compare local with disk files)
· SS: the "Edit disk" dialog displays the disk content in a treeview, the size of files will be diplayed in a separate column
· SS: the "Search" dialog displays the results in a treeview, the size of files will be diplayed in a separate column
· SS: i18n and Readme (database format) update