Desktop Flickr Organizer 0.4.1
Desktop Flickr Organizer application allows online/offline mode management of your photos.
Why should you be using it?
Flickr's web based organizr is slow, updates take time. You can only use it when you're online. DFO on the other hand, stores all the updates offline, and with a simple and intuitive graphical interface, allows you to be way more productive. You'll never dread having to organize sets, edit titles, descriptions and tags for the hundreds or thousands of photos you've accumulated. And you can do all this editing, when you're just trying to kill your time in train, or that long plane trip.
What all does it provide?
1. Uploading and downloading of photos. You can download selected photos or the entire sets.
2. Edit information attached to photos; delete photos from stream.
3. Add/Remove tags associated with photos.
4. Create new sets, edit set information, add/remove photos from sets, delete sets.
5. New in v0.4 Add/Remove photos from Group Pools.
Currently, DFO is only available for Gnome. To install it on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, follow these instructions:
1. sudo apt-get install mono libmono-sqlite2.0-cil libgconf2.0-cil
2. Download Desktop Flickr Organizer files from the 'Downloads' section, and execute 'sh run.sh'. That's it!
1. Fire up Synaptics.
2. Install Mono CLI (.NET) runtime. The current latest version is v22.214.171.124
3. Install Mono Sqlite library version 2.0. The package version is v126.96.36.199
4. Install CLI binding for GConf 2.16. The package version is v2.16.0
5. Download Desktop Flickr Organizer files from the 'Downloads' section, and execute 'sh run.sh'.
Other distros would also work the same way, once you have installed the Mono libraries.
· GTK+ version 2.2.x