The DarkFire IRCd daemon is a modern and efficient IRCd for small and medium sized networks. This IRCd is designed for use primarily on the DarkFire IRC Network, but can be used freely elsewhere.
First, obtain a secret.h file if your network requires it. Contact an administrator if you are linking to DarkFire to obtain our file.
Automatically gather system information.
Generate server configuration files.
Build and install the IRCd to the location you specified in ./config
or (same result)
make; cp src/ircd
Copy configuration files (ircd.conf and ircd.motd) if available. To create an ircd.conf automatically:
The Message of the Day (ircd.motd) file may be created with any text editor
Run your IRCd:
Note: if you install ircd in a different location, this may differ
What's New in This Release:
· Numeric 001 sends real host, not disguised host (fixes DCC issues)
· Added fix for _res link errors
· ULine exempt from SVSMODE +Z (just in case)
· Cleaned up command line interface, added help (ircd -h)
· Fixed errors on failed ircd starts
· Do not update counts (/lusers info) more than once every 2 seconds
· Added an implementation of NICKIP for local clients only: currently applies to dvs kills, klines/akills, and channel bans