DVD Rip-O-Matic 0.95
DVD Rip-O-Matic will help you create high quality backups of DVD movies to XviD format.
It is supposed to be the opposite of the famous DVD:Rip tool: Easy to use, a minimal amount of adjustable settings and automatic detection of the optimal values of almost all adjustable settings. DVD Rip-O-Matic should produce very high quality rips, even if you have no idea what the settings mean and just use it in the next-next-next-finish way.
The wizard supports title and language selection, AC3 stream copy or MP3 audio, single or two-pass encoding and automatic splitting at scene boundaries.
DVD Rip-O-Matic can also generate executable ripping scripts. This allows you to run it as a background process, end your KDE session and go to bed.
It has not been tested very well yet, so please tell me if it works for you.
· Kommander 1.0 ( Part of KDEWebDev package, version 3.3.x )
· Recent Transcode
· Recent MPlayer version with support for DVD reading, DVD decryption, LAME MP3 encoding and XviD encoding. MPlayer version 1.0rc5 and newer versions are known to work perfectly.
This release attempts to support NTSC movies, including messy mixed progressive/telecined ones. NTSC DVD owners: Please test and report!
What's New in This Release:
· Add support for copying subtitles
· Fix detection of DTS Soundtracks
· Fix DVD movies with both DolbyDigital and DTS
· Minor layout/graphics updates