A graphical front-end for command-line debuggers
Besides ``usual'' front-end features such as viewing source texts, DDD has become famous through its interactive graphical data display, where data structures are displayed as graphs.
What do I need to build DDD?
To build DDD from sources, you need
· The DDD source distribution (see above).
· The GNU compiler collection (GCC), version 3.0 or higher (or another ISO C++ compiler).
· The LessTif user interface toolkit, version 0.89 or higher (or another Motif-compatible user interface toolkit).
The simplest way to build DDD is:
· Unpack the DDD source distribution
· Change into the ddd-version subdirectory
· Type ./configure; make
To run DDD, you need the GNU debugger (GDB), version 4.16 or later (or another command-line debugger such as DBX, WDB, Ladebug, JDB, XDB, the Perl debugger, or the Python debugger).