Commi is a line orientated serial terminal like minicom. It is a fork of CuteCom from Alexander Neundorf. It is free software and distributed under the GNU General Public License Version 2. Commi is written using the Qt library by Trolltech.
Here are some key features of "Commi":
· a nice gui for daily serial terminal work
· lineoriented interface instead of character-oriented
· file transfer (x-, y- and zmodem with installed lrzsz-tools and plain)
· automatic receive zmodem transfers
· input history like in a bash
· batchfile for tasks that must deal with more than once
· open the device without changing its settings
· changing font of the terminal
· internationalized (currently only german is done)
· You need the devel-packages from X11 and QT 3.x in order to compile from source.
· If you want to use x-, y- or zmodem transfers you need the lrzsz-tools.
What's New in This Release:
· A search function and basic escape-control-sequence support were added.