CleanHome is a new utility that cleans up the users $HOME directory by analyzing "." config-files/directories against a collaborative maintained database.
Its pluggable approach makes it easy to develope various extensions. For example extensions could provide general information about the investigated .-File/Dir or could process a directory in a very special way (e.g. clean up Browser cache in .mozilla upon users request).
No Installation, No configfiles, No pollution of your system! Just call "cleanhome.pl" from a shell.
· various Special Plugins might depend on special Modules and/or binaries. E.g. the BrowserPlugin requires Firefox to be installed and the AptCacheInfoPlugin requires perl module 'AptPkg::Cache'
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added DiskUsage Plugin
· Added DpkgInstallState Plugin
· Loading Plugins doesnt show detailed failures
· added --debugPluginLoad option
· minor fixes at the homepage (google app engine stuff) like adding a download link for the csv version of the database