Agave is a simple GNOME application for generating colorschemes.
Agave lets you select a starting color and generate six different kinds of colorschemes. The colors can then be copied to the clipboard for easy use in HTML and CSS. It is currently a very simple but useful utility. More functionality will be added in future versions.
Agave was previously named GNOME Colorscheme.
Here are some key features of "Agave":
· Generate 6 different types of color schemes: Complements, Split Complements, Triads, Tetrads, Analogous, and Monochromatic
· Select a color that's displayed anywhere on the screen ("dropper" tool)
· Easily change the lightness or saturation of a colorscheme with a toolbar button
· Copy the hexstring (e.g. "#336699") of a color to the clipboard for use in CSS and HTML files
· Save your favorite colors to a 'Favorites' list for easy reference and export your favorites as a Gimp Palette file
· Navigate back and forward through history of previously selected colors
· Choose colors from a palette of pre-defined "web-safe" colors (more palettes to come soon)
· Drag and Drop between Agave and the Gimp, as well as many other programs
· Generate a random colorscheme if you're stuck and need some inspiration.
· User interface translated into English, Dutch (nl), German (de), Spanish (es_ES), Brazilian Portugese (pt_BR), Russian (ru), Czech (cs), and Bulgarian (bg).
· GTK+ version 2.8.x
· gconfmm (optional)
· libgnomeui (optional)
· cppunit (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· Bugfix release, some new translations