Adobe Flash Player is a lightweight, robust runtime environment for rich media and rich Internet applications.
1. Download the plugin to begin installation. A dialog box will appear asking you where to save the file.
2. Save the .tar.gz file to your desktop and wait for the file to download completely.
3. Quit your browser.
4. Remove all existing Adobe Flash Player installations from the system.
5. Unpackage the file. A directory which contains libflashplayer.so will be created.
6. Copy libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins. Create the 'plugins' folder if it does not exist yet.
7. Launch your brower. To verify installation in Firefox choose Help > About Plug-ins from the browser menu.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 64-bit support for Linux operating systems and browsers (Mac OS X and Windows are also supported);
· Linux Vector Printing support to print crisp and rich images on Linux;
· Asynchronous Bitmap Decoding;
· HD surround sound support to deliver full High-Definition videos with 7.1 channels surround sound, directly to TVs powered by AIR;
· Stage 3D Accelerated Graphics Rendering;
· G.711 audio compression for telephony (can be used to integrate telephony/voice into business applications using the G.711 codec;
· H.264/AVC Software Encoding for webcams, to locally encode higher quality video using the H.264 codec;
· Socket Progress Events (designed to build advanced file sharing programs, such as FTP clients that send huge amounts of data);
· Cubic Bezier Curves support to create cubic Beziers;
· Garbage Collection Advice;
· Socket Progress Events;
· Secure Random Number Generator;
· TLS Secure Sockets Support;
· JPEG-XR support;
· Enhanced high resolution bitmap support;
· High efficiency SWF compression support.