ANYKey Kubuntu Optimizer with Wine&XGL! is a shell script that automatically optimizes a fresh Kubuntu Dapper Drake installation.
Other Ubuntu related optimizers are great, but they occasionally mess up. This is partly due to the java and flash installation not liking the graphical installer part.
I'm making this for our company to use on new pre-built systems for customers. Customers should have their systems running streamline. This is something I do to systems anyways, I just make it easier on myself by using the script.
Just extract the file (right click and choose "extract here"),
Open up "konsole" or another terminal program. Change to the directory that you've just extracted "cd".
Run everything with normal permissions. Passwords will be asked for when needed.
What it does EXACTLY:
1. Creates home folders "Pictures" "Downloads" "Movies" "Writing"
2. Adds a few good repositories
3. Downloads key for current amarok packages
4. apt-get update
5. apt-get install kolourpaint kcontrol-kdmtheme kde-kdm-themes kcontrol-autostart alsa-oss alsa-utils amarok-engines amarok-xine gimp gimp-data-extras gimp-help-common firefox mozilla-thunderbird camorama digikam digikamimageplugins cabextract p7zip unzip zip
6. Installs sharpmusique (iTMS client) and GAIM 2.0beta3
7. apt-get install libdvdcss2 libdvdnav4 libdvdplay0 libdvdread3 xine-ui libxine-extracodecs
9. apt-get install libmad0 mplayer kmplayer mozilla-mplayer mplayer-skins vlc vlc-plugin-alsa xmms xmms-mp4 xmms-scrobbler streamtuner streamripper
10. apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
11. apt-get install j2re1.4-mozilla-plugin
16. Installs new and similar splash screens for Gimp OpenOffice Amarok and Scribus
17. apt-get upgrade
18. Installs graphics driver of your choice
19. Installs Windows Codecs and Fonts after asking if you want to do so.
20. Gives you the option of installing XGL and Beryl for KDE GNOME and XFCE with NVIDIA ATI or INTEL (i8xx and i9xx) 3D accelerated cards