WordGrinder is a Unicode-aware character cell word processor that runs in a terminal. WordGrinder is designed to get the hell out of your way and let you get some work done.
WordGrinder is a word processor for processing words. It is not WYSIWYG. It is not point and click. It is not a desktop publisher. It is not a text editor. It is not do fonts and it barely does styles. What it does do is words. It's designed for writing text. It gets out of your way and lets you type.
Here are some key features of "WordGrinder":
· Ultra-clean, uncluttered display.
· Looks good even on a terminal.
· Single- and double-width Unicode character support. No right-to-left or combining characters, unfortunately, but everything else should work.
· Intuitive, friendly menu system and fast-access keyboard shortcuts. The keyboard shortcuts are all configurable from within WordGrinder.
· All configuration settings get saved automatically in your document.
· Just enough character and paragraph style support to let you get the job done, while not enough to let you waste time configuring them.
· Multiple documents in a single file.
· HTML import and export.
· Small and efficient codebase. (5500 lines of code!)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A very simple and very stupid typo was fixed that caused a crash if you tried to turn autosave on; additionally a crash handler has been added to try and prevent data loss on error in the future.