KOffice project is an integrated office suite for KDE.
KOffice features a full set of applications which work together seamlessly to provide the best user experience possible.
KOffice components work together. Every program in the KOffice suite is a component which adds more functionality to the whole. You can embed any KOffice component in any other KOffice component, this is realised using the KParts object model from KDE.
KOffice, like KDE, is a free project which is released under GPL-compatible open source licenses, e.g. GPL, LGPL and BSD.
KOffice stays in active development. This means that KOffice is continually being improved, based on reports from users, evolving software technology and implementation of new features. Not all features are implemented yet in all applications.
Some components are more complete than others, but many KOffice applications are already being used for productive professional work. If you want to make KOffice better, or just implement that one little feature you really need, don't hesitate to jump in and we will happily make your changes part of the next release for everyone to use and see.
Here are some key features of "KOffice":
- KWord - A frame-based word processor capable of professional standard documents
- KSpread - A powerful spreadsheet application.
- KPresenter - A full-featured presentation program.
- Kivio - A Visio-style flowcharting application.
- Karbon14 - A vector drawing application.
- Krita - A pixel-based image manipulation program like The GIMP or Adobe Photoshop.
- Kugar - A tool for generating business quality reports.
- KChart - An integrated graph and chart drawing tool.
- KFormula - A powerful formula editor.
- Kexi - An integrated environment for managing data.
- Filters - Import and Export Filters for KOffice.
- Make it possible to load shapes that are directly embedded in a document
- Don’t offer encryption if the right QCA plugins aren’t available
- Improve scrolling
- Correct the applying of the paragraph style.
- Many fixes to make KOffice compile with msvc
- Fix the ruler text drawing
- Fix: zooming tool doesn’t zoom out (patch by Hans Bakker)
- Fix: painting of the ruler tabs
- Fix: Don’t alter document when its not changed
- Fix: hiding/showing status bar widgets when switching between multiple views
- Fix: Make variables work
- Fix bugs 127934, 117567, 208003 and 189287: Fixes app-wide language changes to be honoured by the speller.
- Load documents with sections
- Support roman (lower and uppercase) and alphabetic (lower and uppercase) footnote numbering when importing .doc
- Fix crashes when opening certain RTF files
- Make ASCII import dialog appear on top of KWord
- Fix bullets and simple font information to text lines in powerpoint
- Fix right-to-left paragraph layout when loadin...