Gobby project is a collaborative text editor.
Gobby is a free collaborative editor based on libobby, a library which provides synced document buffers.
It supports multiple documents in one session and a multi-user chat. It runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and other Unix-like platforms.
It uses GTK+ 2.6 as its windowing toolkit and thus integrates nicely into the GNOME desktop environment.
Here are some key features of "Gobby":
· Realtime Collaboration
· Each user has its own colour (changeable) to be identified by others
· IRC-like Chat for communicating with your partners while coding
· Sidebar with all the others having joined the session
· Syntax highlighting for most programming languages
· Session password protection
· Multiple documents in one Session
· Drag'n'drop of documents into gobby
· Document synchronisation on request
· Zeroconf support
· Unicode support
· Cross-platform: It runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and other flavours of UN*X
· Gobby is free software and licenced under the GPL 2
· GTK+ >= 2.6.x
· net6 1.2.0
· obby 0.3.0
· Gtkmm 2.6
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· "Save all documents" has been introduced.
· Fix up the title of the first session password dialog.
· Add experimental spell checking support based on gtkspell, which needs to be explicitly enabled by passing --with-gtkspell to configure.
· Updated Gobby to use en_US internally
· -Added Ukrainian translation (thanks to Yuri Chornoivan)
· Various translation updates from Launchpad