The usual way of creating PDF from reStructuredText is by going through LaTeX. rst2pdf provides an alternative by producing PDF directly using the ReportLab library.
Download it from this site, then
python setup.py install
or try the egg with the provided buildout:
you'll get a rst2pdf executable in the bin directory
or get it via PyPI:
Here are some key features of "rst2pdf":
· User-defined page layout. Multiple frames per page, multiple layouts per document.
· Cascading stylesheet mechanism, define only what you want changed.
· Supports TTF and Type1 font embedding.
· Any number of paragraph styles using the class directive.
· Any number of character styles using text roles.
· Custom page sizes and margins.
· Syntax highlighter for many languages, using Pygments.
· Supports embedding almost any kind of raster or vector images.
· Supports hyphenation (using wordaxe).
· Full user's manual (PDF version)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Many bugs were fixed.