pyhtmlhelp is a cross-platform software written in Python for converting among CHM, HTB, and DevHelp formats. Hopefully, more formats will follow.
pyhtmlhelp project aims to provide:
· reference documentation of open-source software in convenient HTML-based formats;
· to provide the tools for the generating such books from the primary documentation formats and for converting among the different formats;
· an web interface for browsing the books on-line;
· and perhaps in the future a canonic XML-based HTML help format for conversion.
hhconvert.py < src-file > < dst-file >
to convert from src-file to dst-file. The formats will be guessed from the file
.CHM - Microsoft Compiled HTML Help format
.HTB, .ZIP - wxWindows' HTML Book format
.TAR, .TGZ - DevHelp Format
· Python 2.3 or greater
What's New in This Release:
· Support for writing CHMs on Unix operating systems by relying on WINE.