odt2txt is a simple converter from OpenDocument Text to plain text.
Here are some key features of "odt2txt":
· small (size of binary is 25 KB on Linux/i386)
· fast (no xml parser involved)
· supports multiple output encodings, adopts to your locale
· can substitute common characters which the output charset does not contain with ascii look-alikes
· portable (runs on Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Windows, Cygwin)
· mostly self-contained (only requirements are a POSIX-compatible regex library and an iconv implementation)
· license: GPL, version 2
A modern Linux system has everything you need in the libc. Just run "make" in the source directory.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds a manual page, removes trailing whitespace from produced texts, and uses the system zlib instead of its own implementation.