Vrapper is an Eclipse plugin which acts as a wrapper for Eclipse text editors to provide a Vim-like input scheme for moving around and editing text.
Unlike other plugins which embed Vim in Eclipse, Vrapper imitates the behaviour of Vim while still using whatever editor you have opened in the workbench. The goal is to have the comfort and ease which comes with the different modes, complex commands and count/operator/motion combinations which are the key features behind editing with Vim, while preserving the powerful features of the different Eclipse text editors, like code generation and refactoring.
Vrapper tries to offer Eclipse users the best of both worlds.
Here are some key features of "Vrapper":
· Operators (d, c, y, p, ... full list)
· Motions (h, j, w, e, ... full list)
· Counts to repeat operators and motions
· The famous dot operator to repeat the last change
· Registers (unnamed, named (a-z), read-only ("." and "/"))
· Marks (named, "'", ".", "^")
· Basic search using /, ?, n, N, *, #, no regular expressions supported (yet)
· Visual mode to highlight text
· Key mappings and macros
· Works with all editors based on the "AbstractTextEditor" class
· All features of the "wrapped" editor are still available
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Lots of miscellaneous bugfixes and new features, including sentence motions '(' and ')', support for mappings with Shift and Alt, and change list traversals 'g,' and 'g;'.
· Marks now stay put as the document changes.