Vilistextum is a small and fast HTML to text converter.
It has full support for different character sets (e.g. Unicode). Vilistextum is able to optimize for ebook reading, collapse multiple blank lines, and create footnotes out of links. A GUI frontend using kaptain is included.
- small and fast
- understands HTML 3.2 upto 4.01 and XHTML 1.0
- creates footnotes for links
- can swallow multiple empty lines
- removes empty ALT attributes
- converts characters and entities between 128 and 159 from the windows1252 charset to meaningful strings in ISO-8859-1. E.g. 0x93 is converted to ".
- output can be optimized for ebook reading
- GUI-frontend using kaptain
- supports various multibyte encodings (e.g. Unicode, Shift_JIS)