QPaddy is a simple text editor. It is based on the Qt libraries.
The editor can be customized using a configuration file: it is possible to add simple functions. For the time being, it is only possible to assign simple commands or shell scripts to new buttons and show their output.
The simplest way to compile this package is:
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `qmake qpaddy.pro' to configure the package for your system. This will create the 'Makefile'.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Type `make install' to install the program, and the documentation. It might be the case that 'make install' prints an error. Don't worry about it and try to start the program.
4. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean' or 'make distclean'.
Here are some key features of "QPaddy":
· simple dialog windows to open and save files;
· list of the recently used files;
· text printing capability;
· it is possible to close all documents opened from the same instance;
· copy, paste, cut, undo and redo commands, which can be called using the standard keys combinations;
· find, find next, find previous and replace functions;
· localization: english and italian;
· show overwrite when in use;
· lines counter;
· automatic or manual wordwrap;
· full screen view;
· font selectable.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changes to have less warning while compiling in recent distros;
· New instances use the fileType selected with -e option;
· make install now install the executable file (...).