Mined is a powerful text editor.
Mined provides both extensive Unicode and CJK support offering many specific features and covering special cases that other editors are not aware of (like auto-detection features and automatic handling of terminal variations, or Han character information). It was the first editor that supported Unicode in a plain-text terminal (like xterm or rxvt).
Basically, mined is an editor tailored to reliable and efficient editing of plain text documents and programs, with features and interactive behaviour designed for this purpose.
- Unicode support and features
- CJK support
- 8 bit encoding support
- Versatile terminal feature support
- User interface
- Screen interaction
- Text editing features
- Search functions
- Secure text and file handling
- Other useful features
- Operating environment and portability
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Character encoding support enhancements: Updated to Unicode 5.1; added XHC Hanyu pinyin pronunciation information.
- Enhanced character information display, also in non-UTF-8 text encoding.
- Adding Unicode character name and Unicode decomposition, see Info menu.
- Enhanced character substitution display for non-Unicode terminals; using base character according to Unicode decomposition.