FXiTe is an advanced cross-platform text editor built with the Fox GUI toolkit and the FXScintilla text widget. It features built-in syntax highlighting for 40+ languages, an embedded Lua scripting engine, macro playback and recording, multi-line regular expression search and replace, rudimentary ctags and calltip support, a flexible interface to external tools, and a built-in "message window" to capture the output of external commands such as compiler error messages, etc.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a major source code refactoring and cleanup.
· A long-standing CPU usage problem was fixed.
· The find/replace dialogs can be docked to the main window, and it is possible to continue editing while they are displayed.
· This release adds support for \L, \U, \l, and \u modifiers in regex replacements.
· The GUI is more responsive while running macros and external commands.
· Several other minor annoyances were addressed.
· Scintilla was updated to version 3.2.5.