SpeedReader is a tool that helps you improve your reading speed. It is:
· fun to play with.
From a developers point of view, SpeedReader is extensible (Plugins), and as simple as possible (but no simpler).
I only add functionality if it improves the above stated goals of SpeedReader. It is written in Ruby.
SpeedReader comes with several different modules, each focusing on a different aspect necessary for speed reading.
These trainings are available:
· SpeedRead - Train your comprehension. SpeedRead is also a pretty cool method to read large text files.
· Flash - Improve your eye span
· FlashWars - Train comprehension and eye span with this game. What is your highscore?
· ReadTest - Gauge your reading speed.
· SpeedReader does not work with FXRuby 1.2 (e.g. used in Debian unstable). Please switch back to FXRuby 1.0, which should be more stable.
· The highscore window can be closed with the ESC key.
· If you cannot start speedreader any more, the configuration file has commited suizide. Please remove the file .speedreader from your home directory (for windows users, this should be in the directory C:Documents and Settingsyourusername
· The mini-overview windows has problems with very large files (about 2 MB).
· SpeedReader is slow when loading large files.
What's New in This Release:
· Works in Fox 1.2, but the picture to the right still has problems.