Siglar project is an acronym creation software program.
Introducing the world's easiest acronym creation software program: Siglar. Siglar is a simple and ligthweigth program, yet powerful and fast. It automatically creates many suggestions for new acronyms using the initial letters of words or word parts in a phrase or name.
Siglar have many options to configure how it creates the acronyms suggestions. The suggested acronyms can be copied to another application or saved in a text file (utf-8 format). Siglar supports unicode character codification. Siglar is a program for the GNU/LINUX operating system.
· GTK+ >= 2.10.x
Simple install procedure:
· Download the siglar-x.x.x.i386.tar.gz file (the package file) and copy to an directory of your choice.
· Open an terminal and `cd' to that directory.
· The package file is a tar gzipped compressed file containing the Siglar application files in binary form and the installation script. You need to unpack them to run run the installation script, to do this type:
$ tar xzvf siglar-x.x.x.i386.tar.gz
· Next run the installation script:
· Now the Siglar program is installed in your system, to run it type:
The Siglar installation script doesn't create any desktop shortcuts. If you want to run the Siglar program other way than from the command line you need to create manually the launchers or shortcuts in your system.
What's New in This Release:
· Some bug fixes! Add command line arguments, see readme.txt for reference.