SciTE is a SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally built to demonstrate Scintilla, it has grown to be a generally useful editor with facilities for building and running programs.
SciTE project is best used for jobs with simple configurations - I use it for building test and demonstration programs as well as SciTE and Scintilla, themselves.
SciTE is currently available for Intel Win32 and Linux compatible operating systems with GTK+. It has been run on Windows 95, NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and on Red Hat Linux 8 and 9 with GTK+ 1.2 and 2.0.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SciTE on Windows now runs Lua scripts directly on the main thread instead of starting them on a secondary thread and then moving back to the main thread.
· Highlight "else" as a keyword for TCL in the same way as other languages. Bug #1836954.
· Fix problems with setting fonts for autocompletion lists on Windows where font handles were copied and later deleted causing a system default font to be used.
· Fix font size used on Windows for Asian language input methods which sometimes led to IME not being visible. Bug #3436753.
· Fixed polygon drawing on Windows so fold symbols are visible again. Bug #3433558.
· Changed background drawing on GTK+ to allow for fractional character positioning as occurs on OS X as this avoids faint lines at lexeme boundaries.
· Ensure pixmaps allocated before painting as there was a crash when Scintilla drew without common initialisation calls. Bug #3432354.
· Fixed SciTE on Windows bug causing wrong caret position after indenting a selection. Bug #3433433.
· Fixed SciTE session saving to store buffer position matching buffer. Bug #3434372.
· Fixed leak of document objects in SciTE.
· Recognize URL characters '?' and '%' for Open Selected command in SciTE. Bug #3429409.