QuickFixNotes, or QFN, is a quick hack for Vim that allows file annotation based on |quickfix| functionality. In particular, this plugin allows the user to tie comments to a specific source file, line number, and column number without modifying the file being reviewed. The goal of the plugin is to provide a simple and useful mechanism for tracking notes when reviewing any sort of text file -- from documents and book drafts to source code and configuration files. Paired with xxd, you can even annotate binary formats with it. QFN is useful any place where inserting comments into the file being reviewed is impractical.
To use, just map < Plug > QuickFixNote and < Plug > QuickFixSave to keys. When called, QuickFixNote will add an entry to the quickfix list with a user supplied comment for the current cursor's line number, column, and buffer name.
Here are some key features of "QuickFixNotes":
· Add a comment for the given line and column number to the |quickfix| list
· Save the current |quickfix| list an expected format
· Provide all functionality without external scripting dependencies
1. Download the vimball.
2. Run: vim qfn.vba
3. Execute the following ex command:
4. You should now be able to bind < Plug > QuickFixNote and < Plug > QuickFixSave to your preferred key combinations. You can use the ":help qfn" command at any time to get more information.