Meddle is a programmer's text editor that maintains a complete parse tree of the code being edited. This enables Meddle to provide semantic information, such as distinguishing between references to global variables, local variables and parameters.
Meddle currently supports C source and header files only. However, it should be straightforward to convert the YACC source file so that it supports other languages as well.
· This version supports C source and header files only.
· The only semantic information given is different text formats for different types of identifiers (global variables, functions, local variables, parameters - see screenshot).
· Identifiers defined outside the current file are not recognised.
· No support for type definitions.
· Preprocessor directives are ignored.
· Problems with pasting text from external programmes (probably a Qt4 bug).
· Qt4. Note that Meddle will not compile with previous versions of Qt.
· Bison (tested with version 2.0, may work with 1.875 as well)