Leafpad is a GTK based simple text editor. The user interface is similar to Notepad. Leafpad aims to be lighter than GEdit and KWrite, and to be as useful as them.
Here are some key features of "Leafpad":
· Minimum requirement: for portability
· Minimum menu item: to make full use of features and to learn easily
· No toolbar: to maximize area to view text
· Single document interface (SDI): to set out windows to view at a time
· Character encoding auto detection: to open file quickly without multi-codeset annoyance
· GTK >= 2.0.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed "Shift+Enter" key-binding (minhsien0330).
· Updated French translation (Marc Veillet).
· Updated Italian translation (Vincenzo Campanella).