Katesort plugin is a KPart plugin for all KPart compatible editors (Kate, KWrite, ...). It is inspired by the famous windows text editor PsPad.
Here are some key features of "Katesort plugin":
· Sorts selected rows or whole file.
· Sort by ASCII or numeric value.
· Sort in ascendig or descending order.
· Allows case sensitive sort.
· Allows removing of duplicities.
· Can sort according to given column, if part of one row is selected, selection is automatically filled in the dialog.
· See HOWTO Installing 3rd Party Ebuilds for details howto create a portage overlay.
· Create directory /kde-misc/katesort and go there.
· Download ebuid from http://marian.kyralovi.cz/linux/katesort/download/katesort-< version >.ebuild (replace version by the correct version string)
· Create digest (ebuild katesort-.ebuid digest)
· Run emerge -av katesort .
· Enable plugin in editor preferences.
· Run it in the from the tools menu.
· Try to get a package for your distribution.
· If doesn't exist, compile it from source code. (You will need a kdelibs-devel package and development stuffs installed)
· If you can send me a package for your distribution, you are wellcome.