Kate SQL Plugin 0.2
Transform Kate into an SQL client
It take the advantages of the Qt Sql module to allow you to open connections with all supported SQL drivers (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, ODBC, etc...) and easily launch queries on database. Some of the main features:
- supports all Qt Sql drivers
- manage multiple connections simultaneously
- provides an integrated viewer for SELECT statements
- a simple wizard to export query results in csv file
- provides a basic schema browser for views and tables
If your distribution does not provide the Kate development package with libkateinterfaces, you need to compile Kate from sources.
Please follow these steps from the official Kate wiki: http://gitorious.org/kate/pages/Building Kate .
Before launching cmake command, you need to extract KateSQLPlugin sources in kate/plugins/ folder, and modify the file kate/plugins/CMakeLists.txt adding this line at the end:
add_subdirectory( katesql )
QtSql with development libraries is required.
If you can't see your preferred driver in the new connection wizard, you need to install the appropriate qt driver package and restart kate. (eg. on debian: libqt4-sql-mysql, libqt4-sql-odbc ... ).
When you press the Run Query button, all selected text (or all text in the current document if none selected) is executed in an sql query. Pay attention! DELETE and DROP statements are tremendously rapid and destructive.
This is a preview release, may contain bugs, and provides only basic sql functions. There is a lot of work to do, to make it a powerful and feature rich sql client.
If you have questions or you need to report a bug, please leave a comment. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Kate SQL Plugin
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- table fields added to schema browser
- configuration parameters to change output colors
- save/restore last used connection
- improved performance exporting data