KWord is an word processing component of KOffice suite.
It is a powerfull tool, that can directly export your work to PDF format. You can also support .doc files if you compile your KOffice with a special library to do so.
Here are some key features of "KWord":
· support for the standard OASIS OpenDocument file format
· paragraph style sheets (borders, alignment, spacing, indentation, bullet points, tab stops, page breaks, and font type, style, color and size), together with a stylist to edit, add, remove and update styles (a number of predefined styles are provided);
· a frame orientation, suitable for simple desktop publishing (DTP);
· numerous preset as well as custom page sizes;
· multiple columns per page;
· headers and footers (including different first page headers/footers);
· variables, such as page number, company name, user name, document summary, date and time or a custom variable;
· embedding of text frames, images and clip-art (.wmf and .svg files);
· chapter numbering;
· auto-generation of table of contents;
· auto-correction and spell checking;
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fix double undo on choosing a resource
· don’t create multiple undo commands when pasting pages or inserting a document
· On add/remove shape make sure we do collision detection
· Fix issue with multiple zoom controls appearing
· Fix the ADD composite op in pigment
· save layers of shapes that are part of a container. Use layer of child shapes to find out the layer of a group shape. This is done as the group does not allow to save its layer in odf. This fixes loading and saving of grouped shapes. Before the fix the group was always added to the default layer. Now the group is added to the layer it is was in when saving.
· Fix moving of grouped shapes by keyboard. If a grouped shape was moved by keyboard and selected again the size of the group was no longer the size of its members.
· Fixes copy and paste of images to not getting saved multiple times.
· Fix memory leaks
· Fix crash on saving
· Fix bug 216761: crash on closing a view with a document with a table shape in it.
· Fix “empty sheets” bug that shows no views and no sheets on fast computers. We need to be sure the sheets are setup together with the view.
· Fix crash in krita because Selection is deleted twice if the canvas widget changes (in the KSpread table shape)
· Fix crash on exit by don’t trying to save changes on exit in endReferenceSelection.
· Fix dangling pointer crash if the FormulaDialog survived the cellEditor by making sure the FormulaDialog is destroyed too if the cellEditor got destroyed.
· Fix crash on inserting a new cell/row/column.
· Fix parts of a style are sometimes lost just because a cell got selected.
· Fix crash on saving if the currentCellStyle was not located in the mainStyles.
· Fix bug 219907: KSpread ignores table:end-cell-address, for embedded shapes
· on appending page, reuse the style of the last page.
· Don’t auto-remove the only page on shape-delete.
· Fixes scheduling when converting between different timezones make datetime cross midnight.
· Add context menu, to correspond with other similar views.
· Fix: Task startup and shutdown costs are not calculated to account.
· Plotting: use klocale and fix calculation of major tickmarks.
· Try to calculate ACWP even if data is insufficient.
· Reset model when new project is set.
· Return correct index data when some of the plots are disabled.
· Always output a date on x-axis.
· fix many icons
· Currency settings: add undo/redo commands and changed signal.
· Respect resource allocation of less than 100%.
· Add copy to clipboard of scheduling log data.
· Treat all working resources alike, fix bugs in material resource scheduling
· Save/load group type.
· Keep resourcemodel updated when currency changes.
· Use correct locale when reading money in task and resource dialogs.
· Fix painting of underline
· Save a blank space in the Author field for the tracked change.
· Make RTL detection work for InheritDirection
· Show list extra scripts counters in RTL docs: Show in the UI the list counter options for non-latin scripts like Bengali and Tamil etc. if the document is detected to be RTL.
· Bug 213802: Don’t inherit page breaks when inserting a normal linefeed.
· Make input methods (CJK text entry) work much better. We now show the unconfirmed text and set the correct position for the current cursor so the floating window shows up on the right spot.
· Fix crash when pasting an element with tracked changes.
· Saves the user name as the author of a tracked change
· Bug 134195: Make data direction load from the correct place. That place is the plot-area style, not the plot-area element.
· Fix bug 204121: crash during destruction of chart shape
· Fix bug 219761: Crash with embedded chart in a text document
· Set axis title shape as ‘clipped’, so that its position is relative to the chart container.
· Calligraphy Tool
· Fix a crash
· Bug 211504: fix saving of groups in openraster.
· Fix broken random generator algorithm
· Fix loading and saving in various formats on Windows (jpeg, bmp, tiff, pdf etc)
· Bug 1047339: fix crash on adding a transparency mask to a shape layer
· Bug 191719: fix saving of resolution to jpeg and png files
· Bug 208501: fix channel order when applying a shiva filter or generator
· Bug 209532: fix painting with RGB 32 Float color space
· Fix: reapply generators with vector
· Fix: reapplying a filter or generator with a color
· Bug 212714: fix crash when changing exposure setting when the OpenGL canvas is in use.
· Bug 221482: fix crash when pressing the “calculate camera response” with no images
· Fix: crash when adding images to a bracketing
· Fix: crash when calculating the camera answer
· Don’t crash if there is no image when computing camera response
· Disable camera/add layer when there is no image.