KPlato is a project management application part of the KOffice project. In this first public release we focus on planning and scheduling of projects.
Here are some key features of "KPlato":
· Gantt chart with task list and resource allocations per task.
· Resource view with task allocations per resource.
· Accounts view showing planned cost with configurable cut-off date and periodicity.
· Tasks are organized in a work breakdown structure (WBS).
· Resources are organized in a resource breakdown structure (RBS).
· Accounts are organized in a cost breakdown structure (CBS).
Gantt chart can optionally show:
· Task links (dependencies).
· Task name.
· Allocated resources.
· Float (slack).
· Critical path.
· Critical tasks.
· Progress (% completion).
· Summarytasks, Tasks, and milestones are supported.
· Dialogs to create and edit the project, the different types of tasks, calendars, resources, accounts and progress.
· Task links can be of types: Finish to Start, Finish toFinish or Start to Start. All types can have a time lag defined.
Different scheduling constraints are supported:
· As soon as possible (early start).
· As late as possible (late start).
· Must start on target time.
· Must finish on target time.
· Start not earlier than target time.
· Finish not later than target time.
· Fixed interval. (Target start time and target finish time.)