Glimmer is a code editor and syntax highlighting.
Here are some key features of "Glimmer":
· Multiple file loading.
· New/Open/Save/Save As
· Multiple level Undo/Redo
· Tear Away windows (any file may be torn away from the main window).
· Custom color selections.
· Custom font selections. (Normal, Italic, Bold, Bold-Italic)
· File, Edit, Highlight, Find, Line Number, and Command toolbars.
· Background pixmap for editing window.
· File information: Current line, total lines, current byte, total bytes, ascii value of current byte.
· Find/Replace/Replace All, including in multiple files.
· Insert many common text segments, including: ChangeLog entry, GPL, Date, Time, etc.
· Gnome session management compliant.
· Save the state of the program to a "Session" file for editing groups of files.
· Python scripting support. Make macros and file filtering scripts, as well as custom menu entries!
· Bracket Matching
· Scriptable hooks for several events including enter-pressed and tab-pressed.
· Highlighting support for: Ada, Bash/Sh, C/C++, DTML, HTML, Java, Latex, GNU Make, Object Caml, Perl, PHP, PO (Language Translation), Python, Lisp (guile, scheme, etc), SGML, SQL, Tcl/Tk, WML, XML, and Z80 Assembly
· Printing support via gnome-print
· Glimmer currently requires a pretty basic GNOME 1.4 install, including Gnome VFS >= 1.0, Gnome Print >=.25, as well as pretty much any version of Python newer than 1.5.2 some versions such as 1.6 are not supported, and 2.0 and 2.1 are illegal to link with, although I doubt anyone is going to kill you.
What's New in This Release:
· ix tab-completion crash in file dialog (Alejandro)
· Fix paned-window (python scripts) cycling/focus issues (Giuseppe Corbelli)
· Updated Bookmarks script by Alessandro Gagliano (Me)