The Gaupol project's aim is to be a simple, yet powerful, subtitle editor for multiple subtitle formats.
Gaupol should run on all Unix-like (Linux, BSD, etc.) operating systems.
Here are some key features of "Gaupol":
· Support for a wide range of character encodings
· Conversions between all supported formats, including conversion of most tags
· Multiple document interface
· Editing in either time or frame mode
· Convenient translating
· Text formatting: toggling of italics and dialog lines, case changing
· GNOME HIG 2.0 compliant user interface
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix error disconnecting text view's line length margin handler (AttributeError: 'TextView' object has no attribute 'gaupol_ruler_handler_id')
· Fix atomic file writing in weird cases where the subtitle file to be written and its backup in the same directory would be on different filesystems (Florian Léger, Osmo Salomaa)
· Fix speed issues updating subtitle list selection (e.g. when doing a search-and-replace-all with a alot of matches)
· Speed up action sensitivity updates