docx2txt is a Perl-based utility to convert Microsoft Office Docx documents to equivalent Text documents.
Here are some key features of "Docx to Text":
· horizontal ruler, line breaks, paragraphs separation, tabs
· capitalisation of text blocks.
· character conversions (" ' < & > - ... etc.). Euro character is converted to E, however you can change this behaviour by comment/uncomment in perl script.
· naive nested list formatting - assumed 8 level nesting, however you can handle even deeper nesting by commenting/uncommenting appropriate lines in perl script.
· center and right justification of text fitting in a line of (adjustible) 80 columns.
· indicating hyperlinked text along with the hyperlink.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This releases focuses mainly on user interaction aspects.
· The new features are a Windows installation script, a Windows wrapper script, support for using CakeCmd apart from Unzip, a configuration file, and support for working with a directory holding the unzipped content of .docx file.
· There has been improvement in handling of short line justification; many cases that were missed out in the earlier approach are captured.
· Path names containing spaces are now handled.