ConfigObj is a simple but powerful config file reader and writer: an ini file round tripper. ConfigObj's main feature is that it is very easy to use, with a straightforward programmer's interface and a simple syntax for config files.
ConfigObj 4 is a complete rewrite of ConfigObj. A great deal has been simplified and improved since ConfigObj 3. If you have used ConfigObj before then you need to read the section on backwards compatibility.
ConfigObj now has a barrage of doctests built into it, testing almost every feature. Run python configobj.py -v to see them in action. Despite the tests, ConfigObj 4 is actually smaller than version 3 and has no external dependencies.
Here are some key features of "ConfigObj":
· Nested sections (subsections), to any level
· List values
· Multiple line values
· String interpolation (substitution)
· Integrated with a powerful validation system
· including automatic type checking/conversion
· repeated sections
· and allowing default values
· All comments in the file are preserved
· The order of keys/sections is preserved
· No external dependencies
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· An obscure bug when validating a configuration file with "copy=True" and "__many__" sections was fixed.