Banjon is an open source rule based English to Bengali encoder and editor.
Banjon intends to implement a flexible encoding engine to dynamically transform a sequence of English characters into one or more Unicode Bengali characters. It also aims to integrate all the editing facilities available in a modern text editor.
There are number of Bengali editors available for download. Those editors have some similarities and differences with Banjon. Banjon has some unique features.
- Completely a Unicode editing system (Use Unicode Font and Charsets)
- Support almost all the popular phonetic layout
- Support creation of custom phonetic layout
- Simple, modern and native interface
- Enable to convert romanised text
- Customizable encoding rules and selection rules
- Automatically detect and change mode
- Multiple document interface (Tabbed Document Interface)
- Unlimited modes and rule maps
- Highly flexible encoding engine
- Provides alternative character sequences
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Regular expression search and replace
- Capable to print with custom color, font and margins
- Multifile drag and drop support
- Auto mode change for markup syntax
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.12.0
- Customizable and scriptable encoding rules
- Extensible Banjon scripting language (BXScript)
- Popup assistant for alternative character sequences
- Redesigned preferences subsystem