pandoc is an implementation of markdown (and much more) in Haskell.
It can convert markdown-formatted text to HTML, LaTeX, rich text format, reStructuredText, or an S5 HTML slide show.
pandoc can also convert HTML, LaTeX, and reStructuredText to markdown.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved the efficiency of the markdown reader’s abbreviation parsing (should give a big performance boost with —smart).
· HTML writer now wraps sections in divs with unique identifiers, for easier manipulation.
· Improved LaTeX reader’s coverage of math modes.
· Added a portable Haskell version of markdown2pdf (thanks to Paolo Tanimoto).
· Made —strict compatible with —standalone and —toc.
· Many other small improvements and bug fixes.