oXygen XML Editor 16.1
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in oXygen XML Editor 16.1:
- Fixes for validation issues, such as adding a missing attribute or deleting an unexpected element are offered automatically by the Quick Fixes support.
- The XSLT support helps you better understand what each XSLT instruction does by presenting associated annotations with the description of the instruction and links to the specification.
- The XML authoring mode received a number of improvements to the table support, track changes functionality, generic editing, as well as to the DITA specific actions.
- You can find patterns within an EPUB, OOXML, ODF or any ZIP archive by running XPath queries on all the documents from ZIP-based archives.
- LICENSE TYPE:
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- SyncRO Soft Ltd.
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Text Editing&Processing \ Markup
With the oXygen XML Editor application, anyone will be able to quickly and easily edit XML documents, as well as to debug and profile XSLT (EXtensible Stylesheet Language) and XQuery code with full Unicode support.
Features at a glance
Key features include an XML IDE (Integrated Development Environment), intelligent XML editing, XML validation, XML schema modeling, support for XSL and XSLT, XQuery support, XPath support, as well as native XML and relational databases support.
Additionally, the application offers support for accessing CMSes (Content Management Systems) and remote resources, supports office documents, supports collaboration and single source XML publishing.
The application includes support for numerous validation engines, including Xerces, SQC, XSV, MSXML 4.0, LIBXML, Saxon EE and MSXML.NET, support for validating XML Schema and Relax NG (visual diagram), DTD, Schematron and NVDL scripts, support for several XSLT processors, including Xalan 2.7.1, MSXML3.0, MSXML4.0, Saxon EE, Saxon 6.5.5, NET 1.0, NET 2.0 and XSLTProc.
Under the hood and supported operating systems
The entire application is written in the Java programming language, which means that it runs on any operating system where the Java Runtime Environment is available, including Linux, UNIX, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems. It has been successfully tested on computers supporting either of the 32-bit and 64-bit instruction set architectures.
Availability and pricing
For your convenience, the oXygen XML Editor software is available for download as a universal binary archive that can be run on any GNU/Linux platform where JRE is installed, as a Java Web Start application, as well as a plugin for the powerful Eclipse IDE. Pricing starts from 488 USD (394 EUR).
oXygen XML Editor was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on November 24th, 2014