irrXML is a simple and fast open source xml parser for C++. Why another xml parser? Becouse irrXML is much faster and its very simple.
It ideally fits into realtime projects which need to read xml data without overhead, like games. irrXML was originally written as part of the Irrlicht Engine but after it has become quite mature it now has become a separate project.
Here are some key features of "irrXML":
· It it fast as lighting and has very low memory usage. It was developed with the intention of being used in 3D games, as it already has been.
· irrXML is very small: It only consists of 60 KB of code and can be added easily to your existing project.
· Of course, it is platform independent and works with lots of compilers.
· It is able to parse ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32 text files, both in little and big endian format.
· Independent of the input file format, the parser can return all strings in ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32 format.
· With its optional file access abstraction it has the advantage of reading easily not only from files but from any type of data (memory, network, ...). For example when used with the Irrlicht Engine, it directly reads from compressed .zip files.
· Just like the Irrlicht Engine for which it was originally created, it is extremely easy to use.
· It has no external dependencies, it does not even need the STL.
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds support for CDATA sections and some minor improvements to the API.