XMLmind XML Editor project is a validating XML editor featuring a word processor-like view.
- makes content authors more productive
- excels at editing a mix of XML data and XML document
- has an integrated spreadsheet engine which makes it suitable for a broad range of applications
- is highly extensible and its extensions are easy to deploy
XMLmind XML Editor is available in two editions: Standard Edition and Professional Edition. Standard Edition is free of charge but has fewer features than Professional Edition.
Here are some key features of "XMLmind XML Editor":
· Supports the DTD, W3C XML Schema, RELAX NG schemas, XML namespace, XSLT, XPath, XInclude, XML catalog standards.
· Editing commands are DTD/schema aware. This makes creating invalid documents almost impossible.
· Word processor-like views are configured using cascading style sheets (CSS2).
· When a CSS style sheet is not available for a document, a fully editable tree view is used instead of the word processor-like view.
· Multiple, synchronized, views can be used to edit the same document.
· Standard controls such as buttons, check boxes, combo boxes, text fields, etc, can be embedded in the word processor-like view. With this feature, XXE can be used to edit XML data, XML documents or a mix of both content types.
· Has an easy to use and yet extremely powerful integrated spreadsheet engine.
· Can transform the document being edited using a built-in XSLT engine and FO processor plug-ins.
· Supports many image formats (GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TIFF, BMP, EPS, PDF, etc) through the use of image toolkit plug-ins.
· Can be used to edit documents stored on an FTP or WebDAV server.
· Ready-to-use support for XHTML (including HTML.4 tables and forms), DocBook (including CALS tables), Simplified DocBook, Slides.
· Fully customizable, fully extensible (yes, really!); and much can be done without programming.
· Comprehensive documentation, including many tutorials.
· Configuration files and Jar files containing extension code can be centralized on an HTTP or FTP server.
· Professional Edition can be deployed using JavaTM Web Start.
· Localized to English, French, German and Czech. Spell checker with dictionaries for English, French, German and Spanish.
· Multi-platform: Windows, Linux, MacOS X.
· Full source code included in Professional Edition.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Sun's ``next generation JavaTM plug-in'' can be used to run XMLmind XML Editor (Professional Edition only) as an applet. See demo.
· Integrated support for input methods (e.g. Japanese Romaji Input).
· Several other enhancements make XMLmind XML Editor (all editions) more comfortable to use.