Rainpress is a CSS compressor tool. It's written in ruby, but should not be limited to ruby projects.
Rainpress does not apply common compression algorithms like gzip, it removes unnecessary characters and replaces some attributes with a shorter equivalent name.
- per CLI: ruby rainpress.rb -i -o
- as a library:
packer = Rainpress::Packer.new
out = Packer.compress(in)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Rainpress is a minimal bug fix release which only changes some behaviour concerning background and background-color.
· Additionally we added translations for Spanish and Polish.
· Now there is a gem for Rainpress available too, but it is just downloadable from here.
· The repository for Ubuntu packages has changed too and is my PPA on Launchpad.net.