RTF2FO is an RTF to XML converter! Converts RTF documents (created, for example, in Microsoft Word) to XML ones or in pairs of XSL templates and XML files with textual data in line with the latest W3C specifications for XSL FO formatting semantics.
Operated from a Graphics User Interface, or a command line, or through Java™ API, RTF2FO: RTF to XML converter! can be used as a standalone application or as a part of your own solutions.
Here are some key features of "RTF2FO":
· Converts RTF documents to XML ones preserving initial documents' internal structure and appearance.
· Allows creating pairs of XSL templates containing formatting and an XML files containing textual data from your RTF files. You can use a range of criteria for data extraction.
· Multilingual support (23 RTF code pages and 17 font character sets are supported)
· Supports tables, tabs, pictures, colors, and many other formatting features (see full features list)
· Allows composing cycles using specially marked entries in the RTF file.
· Auto shape objects are supported. Text-box and picture shapes are processed.
· Compatibility options for popular XSL FO rendering tools.
· Easy for use Graphics User Interface.
· Pure Java product, cross-platform command line interfaces.
· Integrates into server and desktop applications through Java API.
What's New in This Release:
· Redesign of RTF2FO logging system. Any logger can be used now;
· New logging is based on ExternalLogger interface;
· Introduce RTFOPDF.java class example converting RTF to PDF in the memory using RTF2FO and FOP-0.20.5;
· Fix a bug with default border width if it is omitted;
· Support for "current page number" active symbol;
· Missing char in "Symbol" and "ZapfDingbats" fonts is now substituted with U+2395 char (a rectangle).
· Java 1.2 or later
· 2 months evaluation