MIB Smithy is Windows and Unix software product for SNMP and COPS developers, MIB and PIB designers and Internet-Draft authors. The tool accelerates the development process by providing an easy to use GUI-based environment for designing, editing and compiling MIB and PIB specifications while eliminating the syntax and formatting concerns of editing them by hand.
MIB Smithy Standard Edition is designed for developers who have little or no need for custom compiler output formats and for those who are more budget constrained.
MIB Smithy Standard Edition supports many of the same features as MIB Smithy PRO but does not include the MIB Smithy SDK and does not import XML files. It supports both MOSY and XML as output formats.
Here are some key features of "MIB Smithy Standard Edition":
· Import/Export SMIv1 MIB Modules (RFCs 1065, 1155, 1212, 1215)
· Import/Export SMIv2 MIB Modules (RFCs 2576, 2578, 2579, 2580)
· Import/Export COPS-PR-SPPI PIB Modules (RFC 3159)
· Import/Export MOSY .defs file format; generate MIB Module(s) from a .defs file!
· Export Identifier List and OID Tree formats
· Create custom compiler formats with MIB Smithy Pro or SDK
· Automatic MIB extraction from text files/RFC documents
· Export modules to XML with thorough, detailed XML Schema
· Import modules from XML with MIB Smithy Pro or SDK
· Built-in Compiler/Validation tool
· Work concurrently on as many MIB Modules or MIB Files as you want
· Automatic SMI syntax checking and error correction
· Well over 560 MIB Validation checks performed to ensure SMI compliance
· Built-in SNMP Management Tools: MIB Browser, SNMP Walk, SNMP Query, Table View, Trap Watch
· Supports SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3 with both authentication and privacy
· Explorer-style project manager for quick navigation and selection
· Preview changes to individual modules or whole files with context-sensitive highlighting
· Properties organized in easy to navigate tabbed pages
· Search features and extensive filters make finding the right data type, record name, OID, etc. easy
· Automatic Object Identifier Value assignment
· New Table Wizard to make creating tables quick and easy
· 10 command line tools for extracing modules from RFCs, validating MIB files, and performing SNMP management tasks.
· Built-in filesystem explorer tied into project management
· Customizable GUI Layout, Panel Size, Components for all levels of expertise.
· Built-in Text File Editor integrated with Compiler Log
· Pop-up Calendar for REVISION/LAST-UPDATED Date/Time Selection
· 15-Day Evaluation