Latex2slides is a simple graphical program that produces a set of HTML/JPEG slides from a TeX or LaTeX source.
· Python 1.5.2
· Tkinter, default python GUI.
· Tcl/Tk 8.0
· ImageMagick 4.2.9
· Ghostscript 5.50
Installation from source:
· Untar the package ( tar -xvzf latex2slides-version.tgz ).
· Move to the newly created directory ( cd latex2slides-version ).
· Choose one of the following installation types:
- System-wide. Become "root". Type ./install
- Locally (in your home directory). Type ./install --locally. The directory $HOME/bin must be in your $PATH.
- Custom . Please read the INSTALLING file included in the package.
That's it. If you now type latex2slides from the command line it should pop up. Type ./uninstall if you need to uninstall the program.
What's New in This Release:
Changes relevant to users :
· new command line option (thumbnail-magnification)
· updated documentation
· mozilla is the new default browser
· __version__ string set in just one file (latex2slides)
· installer reads this info by running "./latex2slides --version"
· Makefile, and a set of scripts for my own use (to simplify releases)