JabRef is a graphical Java application for managing bibtex (. bib) databases.
You can customize the entry information shown in the main window, and sort by any of the standard Bibtex fields. JabRef can autogenerate bibtex keys for your entries. JabRef also lets you easily link to PDF or web sources for your reference entries.
JabRef can import from and export to several formats, and you can customize export filters. JabRef can be run as a command line application to convert from any import format to any export format.
- Advanced BibTeX editor Detailed edition of bibtex entries. Search functions
- Search a pattern in the whole bibliography.
- Classification of entries
- You can group entries explicitly, by keywords or any other fields.
- Support importation of various formats
- BibTeXML, CSA, Refer/Endnote, ISI Web of Science, SilverPlatter, Medline/Pubmed (xml), Scifinder, OVID, INSPEC, Biblioscape, Sixpack, JStor and RIS.
- Support different export formats
- HTML, Docbook, BibTeXML, MODS, RTF, Refer/Endnote and OpenOffice.org.
- Customization of BibTeX fields
- You can add your own fields to any BibTeX entry type.
- Customization of the JabRef interface
- Fonts, displayed fields, etc
- Integrates to your environment
- Launch external applications: PDF/PS viewers, web browser, insert citations into LyX, Kile and WinEdt
- Automatic Key generation
- Search Medline and Citeseer
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added missing layout formatters FirstPage and LastPage.
- Fixed a bug regarding ParamLayoutFormatter loaded from plugin.
- Fixed crash during initalization of journal abbreviation list.
- Added option to have JabRef search for external file when "Open file" function is chosen for an entry without any linked files. This is similar to what was always done in JabRef 2.3.1 and earlier.