HTMLpage is a text-based HTML editor. It can use drag'n'drop to generate hyperlinks and image tags with relative links and image sizes. It allows you to create a table by highlighting and copying a table from a document, pasting it into HTMLpage, and then clicking TABLE-ify.
It will turn the comma-delimited data into a nice neat HTML table. Plain text can be converted to HTML. It also features spell-checking, color tag generation from a color picker, and keyboard shortcuts for several common HTML tags.
Here are some key features of "HTMLpage":
· It can generate image tags and hyperlinks via Drag N Drop
· Convert simple text passages to HTML, basically giving you proper line breaks and paragraph indentation, along with generating Link tags from any URLs you may have included. HTML-ify works on selected text, as does the TABLE-ify, listed below.
· Convert tab-delimited info into an HTML table (meaning you can copy a table from a document or Web page, paste it into HTMLpage, the TABLE-ify it to generate a simple, neat HTML table.) Will also turn URLs into links.
· Can accommodate multi-line table-cell info.
· Spell checking on text selections/passages
· Insert HTML color codes via a color dialog
· Has search, go to line and page-wide replace functions.
· Date insertion. For example: Saturday, 08/20/2005
What's New in This Release:
· A tag generation issue with images where when implementing MIME types, images made HREFs instead of image tags was fixed.
· pyGTK 2.6 is now used.
· Deprecation warnings were removed.