A rubyremote based tool for converting documents written in wiki-like markup to LaTeX.
Deplate supports page templates, embedded LaTeX code, footnotes, citations, bibliographies, automatic generation of an index, table of contents etc.
It can be used to create web pages and (via LaTeX or Docbook) high-quality printouts from the same source. In this respect it is similar to tools like aft or txt2tags.
Deplate aims to be modular and easily extensible. It is the accompanying converter for the Vim viki plugin. In the family of wiki engines, the "native" deplate markup originated from the emacs-wiki.
Deplate can read:
- deplate markup (viki vim plugin) in several variants: full, restricted, template
- ruby rdoc
Deplate can write:
- HTML: single page, web site (chunked), web-based presentation (chunked & condensed)
- PHP (basically the same as HTML output)
- Really plain text
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Output to sweave (for preparation of R-based statistics reports via LaTeX).
- XHTML output has support for SVG images.
- Footnotes in abstracts, quotations etc. have been fixed.
- There is preliminary support for Ruby 1.9.1.